10 Questions with Amanda McLauchlin
1. What's your full name?
Amanda Beth McLauchlin
2. What do you do?
Lead a small non-profit working to reduce drug misuse and abuse among young people.
3. What do you love the most about living/working in Clear Lake?
I love that it’s Houston with a more home town feel. You can easily get to the museum district or the theater in one direction or to the water and all that’s offered in Kemah and Galveston in the other.
4. What's your most embarrassing moment?
I was in Levice, Slovakia and visiting with some new Slovak friends. My Slovak language skills were less than ideal. I’m asking my new friends if they bowl? And they are looking at me horrified. I’m trying to mime bowling and they’re still looking at me like I was crazy. Because I’m a native Texan, I was saying-“Do y’all bowl?” “Do y’all bowl?” Finally someone walked up and whispered in my ear that I was just saying “devil or dialbol” over and over.
5. What was your worst injury?
I was climbing up to see a castle in Eastern Europe and fell and broke my foot-only I didn’t realize it was broken. And I walked on it all over for 14 days.
6. What's your all-time favorite book, movie and TV show?
Book-Secret Life of Bees, Movie-Under the Tuscan Sun, TV Show-Gilmore Girls
7. What would others say is the most annoying thing about you?
I’m always right? Just kidding-probably that I’m stubborn.
8. If you could live anywhere (besides CL of course) where would it be?
All but a few months of the year-I’d live on Lake of the Isles in Minneapolis.
9. What's your guilty pleasure?
10. What would I find if I looked in your refrigerator?
Evidence of my failed attempts to cook or meal prep-expired eggs and milk, water, cheese (some moldy) and lots of condiments